web 2.0

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Ixta and Popo 2/9/10

(If you are viewing this on Facebook, know that the versions on some internet browsers are messed up.  Please check out the original post at http://americanchilango.blogspot.com/2010/02/blog-post.html.)





The sheer volume of houses covering these hills should give you an idea as to how unbelievably crowded this city is.  It's unreal.  Click on the pictures to get a closer look.






All the rain has caused flooding and power outages in parts of the city.  But it also washed the pollution away.  As you can see, Mexico City is surrounded by mountains and snow covered volcanoes.  Majestic.  My dad and I grabbed our cameras (my family got me one for Christmas) and headed a couple of blocks up the hill where we live.  We've never seen the volcanoes so clearly.  It helps that several boat loads of snow have been dumped on them recently.  I bet the ancient Aztecs got to see the mountains every day.  I'm jealous.  The bigger one is Ixtaccihuatl and the other one is the most active volcano in the world, Popocatepetl.


The size of the city is impressive, but the Mastermind behind that mountain range impresses me more.  That's who I want to worship.

0 comments:

Post a Comment